Getting an Outreach Worker job requires an exceptionally well written resume to get you noticed in the job market. When writing a resume for Outreach Worker position, always keep its purpose in mind. A good resume should communicate the following points vividly to the prospective employer:
Employability: An effective resume shows that you are employable and have good level of professionalism. The format and layout of your resume play an important part in this.
Qualifications: Your resume must demonstrate that you meet the employer’s required qualifications for the job.
Skill Set: Let the employer know about your core competencies and specific set of skills that you possess and is required for the job. It is advisable to highlight your skills in form of a table or using short bullet points.
Below is an outreach worker resume sample for your guidance.
Outreach Worker Resume Sample
821 Heather Lane • Memphis, TN 65922 • (004) 555-6666 • david . martin @ email . com
Highly resourceful, detail oriented and socially perceptive outreach worker. Outgoing communicator with strong relationship building skills. Excellent team player having proven ability to identify target populations, enroll clients and recommend suitable support and training opportunities. Apt at case filing, record keeping and referral follow up.
|• Counselling Services||• Shelter Monitoring||• Client Enrollment|
|• Services Identification||• Personal Training||• Case Follow up|
|• Awareness Development||• Financial Management||• Party referring|
|• Client Screening||• Need Evaluation||• Resourcing|
• Successfully rehabilitated a drug dependency case with a history of five relapses who is till date working at a store and supporting his family
• Identified and enrolled more than 350 locals in need of social support in various support programs during last 6 months
• Earned ‘Most Committed Employee’ title twice during past three years
CASES, Memphis, TN
Outreach Worker, April 2013 – Present
• Identify target population and establish credibility
• Encourage homeless and jobless people to participate in social integration activities
• Refer clients towards appropriate resources for social support and financial stability
VINFEN, Memphis, TN
Asst. Outreach Worker, June 2011 – Mar 2013
• Prepared case files for each client and forwarded the same to relevant referred departments
• Take case history of independent cases and identify appropriate social support services
• Coordinate with other outreach community workers to extend referral channel
• Screened, referred and enrolled potential clients in suitable social rehabilitation services and programs
THE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Memphis, TN
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, 2011
• Multilingual: Fluent in English, Spanish and French
• Proficient in PC operation, Internet and email
• CPR and First Aid Certified
American outreach Association, Memphis, TN