Food Prep resumes are not simply documents – they are insights.
A resume provides solid information regarding a job seeker’s skills, qualifications and experience to a hiring manager, enabling him to make informed hiring decisions.
Here is a sample to help you with your resume writing efforts:
Food Prep Resume Example
55 Yeti Road | Tower, MN 55121
brown.sarah @ email . com
FOOD PREPARATION WORKER
Top performing Food Prep with an inherent interest in food preparation in both commercial and personal capacities. Highly experienced in preparing both hot and cold food items in accordance with provided guidelines.
Follows set recipes while preparing food items including vegetables, fruits and meats. Ability to prepare dishes such as soups, starters, and salads, placing special focus on quality of food. Friendly and committed with the passion to work collaboratively in organized manner.
|? Food Rotation||? Preventative Maintenance||? Inventory Checks|
|? Garnishing||? Portioning||? Leftovers Management|
|? Food Hygiene||? Storage Solutions||? Kitchen Safety Procedures|
|? Food Service Assistance||? Waste Management||? Food Handling Protocols|
• Devised a food waste management system, which resulted in saving 98% of leftovers for the purpose of feeding the homeless.
• Implemented a food rotation procedure, which was considered 50% more effective than the one already in place.
• Introduced 6 new garnishing methods, resulting in increased interest in specific dishes, by hotel patrons.
• Successfully implemented an inventory check system, replacing the old, inefficient one.
Marriot, Tower, MN | 11/2014 – Present
• Take orders from cooks and prep cooks regarding food preparation activities
• Ascertain that all food items such as meats, cheeses, vegetables and fruits are available at the beginning of the shift
• Cut, chop, cube and slice meats and vegetables according to the specifics of each dish
• Marinate meats such as fish, lamb, chicken, beef and veal according to set recipes
• Assist cooks in preparing main dishes, by providing them with support in making ingredients available
Food Preparation Worker
City Cafe, Tower, MN | 4/2010 – 11/2014
• Portioned and garnished food by following set facility standards
• Maintained proper rotation of food items to assure top quality and freshness
• Made soups and salads ensuring that the right amount and consistency are kept in mind
• Assisted food servers in serving orders during rush hours or the holiday season
Tower High School, Tower, MN | 2/2007 – 4/2010
• Offered menus to students and teachers, and took their orders
• Provided information regarding popular menu items, and suggested dishes according to patrons’ tastes
• Prepared food by following set recipes and procedures
• Served food items such as sandwiches, pizza, lasagna, and burgers
• Ascertained the cafeteria area was properly cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis
Tower High School, Tower, MN – 2006
High School Diploma