A warehouse clerk resume is judged not only by the cover letter that complements it. The many sections within a resume also count for a lot. One such section is the skills section which is considered an important part of the resume. A lot of decisions are made based on how well skills are highlighted in a resume. So it only stands to reason that we must make good use of our time to ensure that skills are written articulately.
It is unfortunate that many good resumes are also ones that are brought down by non-professionally written skills statements. Employers certainly do not want to know what you did – they will find that out when they go through the experience section. In the skills section, they need to know how you managed to do a certain task, or how well you can conduct yourself in sticky situations. This information is what will bring the hiring manager one step closer to asking you to come in for an interview.
Use of action words in a resume is a given – this rule doesn’t change where mention of skills is concerned. Instead of providing an overall umbrella of your skills, provide details of how you can handle the tasks meted out to you. Give the hiring manager a chance to judge you. And here is a list of warehouse clerk skills that you can go through for reference:
Sample Skills for Warehouse Clerk Resume
• Highly skilled in handling customer documentation for outgoing shipments and efficiently assembling custom orders
• Well-versed in sorting incoming shipments and verifying inventory levels, in addition to processing return materials authorization
• Deeply familiar with supervising incoming and outgoing shipments and updating stock records to ensure availability of materials
• First-hand experience in locating and picking orders and assembling and packing them appropriately to make them delivery-ready
• Qualified to operate and maintain warehouse equipment and tools such as forklifts and pallet jacks
• Competent in organizing and rearranging materials within the warehouse to ensure appropriate storage solutions
• Effectively able to process paperwork associated with both incoming and outgoing shipments, in accordance to set specifications
• Track record of efficiently monitoring stock for obvious faults and damages and immediately reporting them to supervisors
• Demonstrated expertise in checking orders against original purchase documents to double check them for accuracy
• Documented success in effectively liaising with vendors and suppliers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of merchandise
• Special talent for implementing standard warehousing safety measures and ensuring compliance at every stage