The cliche “Don’t judge a book by its cover” is certainly not true where a resume objective is concerned. The cover really matters in this case. While a badly written resume objective is not indicative of an applicant’s abilities, potential employers hardly have the patience to go through an entire resume to prove their first impression wrong. A bad objective to them spells bad candidate. And if you do not want to give off this impression, you have to do something solid to ensure that your objective shines.
Objectives for bank teller resume, if written well, can grasp the attention of even the busiest of employers. A bland one can land your application back on the shelf. So you have to be the judge here – when you judge your resume by its objective, your chances of bagging a job increase manifold.
Positioning yourself as someone who can do exactly as the employer wants is what you need to do in a resume objective. Through an objective, you have to show a prospective employer that you are indeed tailored to fit the job for which you are applying. Let us look at some bad and selfish examples of objectives so that we don’t end up using them on our resumes:
• My goal is to find employment with your company so that I can achieve …
• To obtain a challenging position as a teller with your bank so that I can build up on my skills …
• Looking for a dynamic bank teller position where I can grow and learn …
There is one thing common in all three – they concentrate on the candidate and not the employer. Let us now look at some good examples – for an entry level bank teller resume:
Sample Objectives for Entry Level Bank Teller Resume
• Results-oriented, diligent professional seeking a Bank Teller position at First Financial Corporation. Adept at accurately performing transactions in accordance to policies and ensuring client confidentiality at every point.
• Energetic individual looking for a position as a Bank Teller at Fulton Financial Corporation. Offers knowledge of aptly performing cash and balancing functions with client satisfaction as the central concentration.
• Fresh graduate with full of energy and ideas desire a Bank Teller position at Stockman Bank. Bringing deep knowhow of processing transactions, verifying payments and resolving discrepancies in cash drawers.
• To obtain a Bank Teller position at Marine Bank utilizing expertise in processing checks, validating information and handling cash drawer balancing duties.
• To work as a Bank Teller for First American Bank. Enthusiastic to apply knowledge of providing the highest level of quality services to clients by meeting their banking needs in a friendly, positive and professional manner.