Writing an entry level EKG Technician resume is perhaps even more difficult than writing one where experience is a great friend. This is because when you do not have a lot to boast of, you are often left at bay when creating a job application document.
What does one write about, if one hasn’t had any experience?
What one needs to understand is that experience is not all that a resume is about. When you write a resume, your main focus should be on your skills and qualifications. Experience is important, but not really necessary at the entry level.
Since all great workers start somewhere, your lack of experience will not be a hindrance to your eligibility. Focus on what you have to offer in terms of qualifications, and you do not have to worry about experience. Here is a resume sample for an EKG technician positon – from a job seeker who has had no formal experience in the field:
EKG Technician Resume with No Experience
47 Coral Lane | Enola, PA 57572 | (000) 999-2010 | flowrob @ email . com
Bringing great attention to detail, dependability and compassion.
Highly enthusiastic and diligent EKG Technician with extensive training in using and maintaining EKG machines and equipment. Skilled in assisting with the operation of EKG equipment to record the electromotive variations in heart muscle actions.
• Demonstrated ability to prepare patients for electrocardiograms by explaining testing procedures to them.
• Effectively able to placing and removing electrodes from patients’ bodies, ensuring their comfort and wellbeing.
• Deep familiarity with overseeing the use and maintenance of EKG equipment, to ensure its safety and workability.
• Competent in administering stress test to monitor patients’ heart activity, and accurately recording outcomes.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
|? Equipment Adjustments||? Stress Tests Administration|
|? Results Analysis||? Cardiovascular Activity Gauging|
|? Patient Preparation||? Electrodes Application|
|? Test Data Review||? MUSE Cardiology Storage|
|? Patient Records Review||? Customer Service|
Enola High School, Enola, PA – 2017
High School Diploma
? Received Student of the Quarter Award 3 times in a year, owing to continuously brilliant academic performance.
? Worked as a volunteer for Sava Senior Care for 3 summers i.e. 2014 to 2017.
• Current basic cardiac life support (BCLS) healthcare provider certification
• Current CPR card
Intern | 1/2017 – 5/2017
Lexington Medical Center, Enola, PA
• Prepared patients for diagnostic tests such as ultrasounds, EEGs and EKGs
• Provided patients with information on what to expect during each test procedure
• Checked patients’ records to determine their specific diseases or disorders, and provided supervising doctors with required information
• Set up and calibrated diagnostic machines and equipment, and checked and corrected any obvious errors
• Ascertained that all work areas, especially procedure rooms were properly cleaned and sanitized at all times
Superior references available