Resumes for Computer Support Technician position can be written in the most interesting of ways – they do not need to be dull and mundane pieces of writing.
To see how you can write one along the lines of these, please refer to the sample below:
See also: Computer Support Technician Resume Sample 2
Computer Support Technician Resume Sample
4 Rosa Road, Cold Spring, KY 55021
richard.tang @email . com
COMPUTER SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Computer support professional with over 7 years of experience in providing well-placed technical support to users, and in minimizing downtime, to ensure smooth technological operations. Ability to provide end user support on various levels of technicalities
Substantial history of configuring and installing software and hardware, along with peripherals such as printers and scanners. Strategic planner with well honed analytic proficiencies. Works collaboratively and consistently to excel in fast-paced and busy environments.
|? LAN and WAN Setup||? Hardware/Software Troubleshooting|
|? Technology Testing||? Downtime Minimization|
|? Auxiliary Equipment Handling||? Virus Management|
|? Process Establishment||? Component Management|
|? Preventative Maintenance||? Configurations|
|? Ticket Creation||? Technical Support|
Computer Support Technician
Menard Inc., Cold Spring, KY | 4/2014 – Present
• Set up hardware and software and handle configurations as detailed in the instruction manual
• Install systems with latest virus updates, and ensure that they are updated on a regular basis
• Assist users in understanding and determining ways to use computer systems and access resources on networks
• Install WAN and LAN technologies, and ensure that they function according to requirements
• Manage security options on systems to ensure network privacy and protection
• Perform upgrades on a regular basis, aiming to ensure that systems remain updated
• Troubleshoot system failures and problems, providing solutions to restore functionality and minimize downtime
• Document all incidents and instances of failure and technical glitches according to predefined protocols
• Minimized service downtime by 85% by putting a backup system in place in an immediate fashion.
• Saved the company network from a potentially lethal virus, by recognizing early signs, and intervening immediately.
Computer Support Technician
Allied Universal, Cold Spring, KY | 2/2011 – 4/2014
• Set up computer systems and peripherals for each assigned user, and showed him or her how to operate them
• Performed system upgrades on a regular basis, to keep all stations updated at all times
• Determined source and nature of computer malfunction, using a wide variety of diagnostic methods
• Served as a source of information on equipment problems, and provided suggestions for resolutions
• Assisted in installing, configuring and maintaining a wide variety of computer equipment such as terminals, printers and modems
• Implemented a ticket creation system which proved to be of great benefit in handling complicated technical problems.
• Proved to be invaluable to a MAN setup, receiving great commendation from technical experts.
Cold Spring Technical School, Cold Spring, NY – 2010
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences