How you present yourself as a daycare teacher assistant in a resume is what eventually decides your employment future. If you do not have sufficient information of the position that you are applying for, your resume will look lame. To make sure that this does not happen, you must ensure that you understand the role of a daycare teacher assistant properly.
Daycare teacher assistants provide support to the overall objectives of the daycare curriculum by assisting lead teachers. Their prime function is to assist in the implementation of lesson plans and to make sure that students are at par with each other. Depending on the level at which you are teaching at a daycare, you may be required to assist students in understanding concepts or simply helping them with their daily needs such as washing and eating. Either way, you will be responsible for making sure that students are kept safe and happy and that they are learning the things being taught to them.
As a daycare teacher assistant, you need to possess a patient and nurturing personality. Since you will be working with very young children, you will have to act as a role model for them. Making sure that your temper is kept in check and that you do not get fazed at times of emergencies is very important.
Some typical duties that you will be performing in your role as a daycare teacher assistant include:
Daycare Teacher Assistant Job Description for Resume
• Assess the daycare curriculum to determine lesson planning needs and provide assistance to lead teacher in developing lessons
• Provide support in implementing lessons by ensuring that constant logistical sustenance is available to the lead teacher
• Monitor students to ensure that they are at their best behavior and ensure that classroom environment is safe an conducive to their learning needs
• Assist students in understanding concepts taught in school to ensure that they meet their educational, social and cognitive goals
• Create and develop learning aids to assist teachers in introducing new concepts
• Observe students to ensure that they are kept comfortable and inform lead teacher of any signs of discomfort and / or distress
• Assist students in washing, toileting and eating and change diapers for very young enrolled student
• Report any suspected physical or emotional abuse on the students by keeping an active watch on symptoms and / or signs
• Create and maintain students’ records such as timesheets and attendance in a confidential manner