Understanding the parts of an Autism Paraprofessional resume is important before you embark on the journey to create one.
Simply dumping content in the document doesn’t open interview doors.
Deciding what parts of the resume need to be worked on, and effectively shaping your content is of great importance. Whether it is your contact information, education and training or experience, everything has to be in order.
Follow the autism paraprofessional resume sample below to create your resume .
Autism Paraprofessional Resume Example
4454 Broadway Apt 2E | Yonkers, NY 10101 | (000) 251-9855 | markhamil @ email . com
Patient, analytic, industrious and confident.
9+ years’ extensive experience in assisting students with their daily routines, across classroom activities. Competent in collecting data for behavioral and academic progress, interpreting behavioral and social cues and nuances, supporting each student’s programs in a manner that will enable him to reach his or her fullest physical and emotional potential. Qualified to initiate and follow through with behavioral interventions, as designated by the lead teacher.
|? Class Supervision||? Skills Reinforcement||? Classroom Transition|
|? Language Utilization||? Safety Monitoring||? Student Assessment|
|? Parent Liaison||? Documentation Support||? Work Assistance|
|? Crises Intervention||? Instructional Programs||? Student Escort|
• Led a class of students with special needs for 5 days, in the absence of a lead teacher.
• Introduced the concept of utilizing activities to provide concept clarity to students with special needs.
• Saved a child from imminent harm by recognizing danger in his surroundings and intervening just in time.
• Suggested implementation of advanced safety measures, which decreased chances of injuries.
Center for Autism & Related Disorders, Yonkers, NY | 2012 – Present
• Monitor student behavior within the classroom as indicates in the IEP plan
• Provide discrete trial instruction to assigned students on an individual and group setting
• Assist lead teacher in developing lesson plans according to the specification charted out in the school curriculum
• Ascertain that the classroom is safe and conducive to learning new concepts
• Provide assistance to students by escorting them to and from services throughout the school
• Ascertain that verbal support is provided to students to promote and direct their activities
• Conduct student assessments and chart out causes of concern to ensure early intervention
• Handle crises situations by ensuring student safety and wellbeing, in accordance with school protocols
St. Paul’s School, Yonkers, NY | 2008 – 2012
• Assisted the lead teacher in creating and implementing lesson plans according to the set curriculum
• Observed students to ensure proper behavior, and ensured that any misdemeanor was properly addressed
• Developed materials and resources to assist students in understanding complex concepts
• Oversaw the activities of students during recess and play times to ensure their wellbeing
• Assisted in conducting student evaluations, and created and documented reports according to school protocol
New York State University, Yonkers, NY
Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology | 2005
• MS Office Application
• Internet and Email
• Classroom Management Software