You write a Home Tutor resume for one reason, and that is to make sure that the information of your skills, education, and achievements is made readily available to the hiring manager.
The following sample will guide you how you can showcase this information:
Home Tutor Resume Example
109 S 66th Street, Tacoma, WA 17346
(000) 178-2312 | eugene.miller @ email . com
Successful track record of providing one on one tuitions to students across a wide variety of subjects. Especially talented in providing non-classroom academic instruction, while remaining in sync with classroom instructions. Works with students to improve their learning skills in specified areas.
|• Progress Evaluation||• Needs Identification||• Lesson Planning|
|• Resources Management||• Learning Techniques||• Reports Generation|
|• Student Supervision||• Behavior Management||• Records Maintenance|
|• Research||• Confidence Development||• Special Learning Programs|
• Led 4 students through Grade 7, by providing them with constant oversight and learning assistant.
• Successfully developed a bevy of resources for students to learn from, the likes of which are not widely available.
• Led a class of students with special needs through an entire grade, helping them integrate into regular class streams.
• Implemented a novel progress evaluation program, which proved to be highly successful in determining students’ learning outcomes.
In-home Tutors Inc., Tacoma, WA | 6/2014 – Present
• Assess assigned students to determine their specific levels of learning.
• Create, develop, and implement core lesson plans to meet the individual learning needs of each assigned student.
• Provide students with instruction on a one on one basis, ensuring that they comprehend complex concepts.
• Create assignments and tests, and administer them in a bid to evaluate students’ understanding of concepts.
• Determine students’ needs in areas such as counseling for behavior or other issues.
• Create and maintain effective liaison with parents to provide them with feedback on their children’s progress.
• Assist students with their homework, and ensure that school test results are assessed for evaluation purposes.
• Research and recommend books, software, and equipment, to complement tutoring efforts.
St. Paul’s High School, Tacoma, WA | 2/2011 – 3/2014
• Assisted lead teachers in creating and implementing lesson plans, according to set curriculum.
• Provided students with assistance in their classwork, and with difficult to understand concepts.
• Oversaw the behavior of all assigned students, and ensured that any behavioral issues were addressed.
• Created and maintained students’ attendance records, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
• Provided assistance in developing and administering learning resources.
Washington State University, Tacoma, WA – 2009
Master’s Degree in Education