There is a lot that can be written in a Elementary Substitute Teacher resume, but you do not have to write it all.
In fact, keep your resume short and to the point, without missing out on any useful information.
Look at how the following sample has been written:
Elementary Substitute Teacher Resume Example
18 Pardee Street, Wadsworth, OH 46132
[email protected] .com
Elementary School Substitute Teacher
Resourceful and highly determined Substitute Teacher with exceptional skills and vast experience working in substitute teaching roles with special focus on delivering lessons according to specified directions. Demonstrated expertise in taking instructions and following them to ensure that classes are led according to protocol.
• Effectively able to refer to lesson plans to impart education based on set curriculum.
• Exceptional insight into ensuring that a climate of fairness and respect is promoted within the classroom.
• Highly experienced in handling unruly behavior, in accordance with set administrative instructions.
|– Behavior Management||– Activities Oversight||– Multiple Subject Teaching|
|– Resource Development||– Student Safety||– Instructional Materials|
|– First Aid and CPR||– Reports Management||– Records Management|
|– Progress Monitoring||– Student Confidentiality||– Schedule Adherence|
• Successfully substituted 3 classes for an entire month, in the absence of their English teacher.
• Saved the life of a student by recognizing early signs of an asthma attack, and providing CPR immediately.
• Managed laboratory setups for 5 back to back glasses, during an assistantship role.
• Devised a student progress maintenance system, considered 55% more secure than the one being used.
American Promise School, Wadsworth, OH | 6/2010 – Present
• Take and comprehend substitution teaching instructions from the school management or the lead teacher
• Provide students with self-introductions, and engage them in conversation to make them comfortable
• Impart education along many subjects, including science, general knowledge, languages, and mathematics
• Assist students on a one on one basis to help them understand difficult concepts
• Administer tests and exams, and perform invigilation duties as instructed
• Grade assignments and exam papers according to the specific metrics designed by the school system
• Record students’ attendance, and ensure that all records are properly and confidentially maintained
• Assist lead teachers in creating lesson plans, and provide help in creating teaching resources
Great Oaks School, Wadsworth, OH| 2/2009 – 5/2010
• Provided lead teacher with assistance in imparting lessons, based on well-developed programs
• Oversaw classwork assigned to students, and provided assistance where required
• Monitored students during class time, lunch break, and activities to ensure their wellbeing and safety
• Developed learning and teaching resources for assistance in teaching difficult concepts to students
• Write reports on the academic progress and class participation of each assigned student
Ohio State University, Wadsworth, OH – 2009
Bachelor’s Degree in Education
Elementary Substitute Teacher Resume Example 2
Sometown, TX 75000 | (555) 555-5555 | [email protected] | LinkedIn URL
Certified Substitute Teacher
Long-term substitute teaching experience n Record of helping students achieve academic success
- Dedicated and reliable K-12 substitute teacher. Credentials include TX substitute teaching certification, fluency in Spanish and a BA in English.
- Passion for quality education and student/school success. Skills and knowledge areas include:
Substitute Teacher, 2006-Present — SOMETOWN SCHOOL DISTRICT (Sometown, TX)
Fulfill both short- and long-term substitute assignments across all subject areas, effectively teaching students of varied academic/age levels (grades K-12) and diverse cultural backgrounds. Instruct classes of as many as 24 students; communicate with teachers, administrators and parents; and build a positive rapport with students.
Key Contributions & Educational Outcomes:
- Praised for dedication, reliability, organization and effectiveness as one of school district’s most in-demand substitutes. Filled in for permanent teachers at a moment’s notice;closely adhered to lesson plans; and kept students motivated, engaged and focused.
- Selected as a long-term substitute for teachers on maternity or extended medical leave.
- Substituted for absent ESL/ESOL, high school Spanish and special education teachers as one of the few substitute teachers qualified in these areas. Met the needs of students with limited English language proficiency as well as learning disabilities.
- Stepped in to run after-school programs (e.g., girls’ volleyball coaching, cheerleading coaching and after-school tutoring) when permanent teachers were unable to fill these roles.
- Incorporated technology into students’ learning activities for varied academic disciplines. Efforts proved
so successful in enhancing student understanding of material that they resulted in invitation to lead
districtwide teacher in-service on “Technology Integration across the Curriculum.”
Home-School Teacher, 2004-2006 (Sometown, TX)
Managed home-school program and daily instruction for triplets (all diagnosed with developmental learning disorders), using CITA-accredited Calvert® curriculum for grades 1 and 2. Incorporated creative lessons, activities and experiential learning into daily teaching and created a structured yet enjoyable learning environment. Elevated children’s social, language and cognitive skills to enable them to enter public school and thrive within a mainstreamed classroom.
Education & Credentials
BA in English, Minor in Spanish — SOMETOWN UNIVERSITY (Sometown, TX)
Overseas study: Spent two summer semesters in Spain in a full-immersion language program
Texas Substitute Teacher Certificate