You cannot forgo the fact that your skills as Sales Assistant are essential where the workplace is concerned.
If your resume boasts of how skilled you are, there is a great chance that you will be considered for the job. Lack of a skills section may not sit too well with a hiring manager, who is actively looking for a person who needs minimal training resources spent on him or her.
Working at any position in any organization requires a solid set of skills. Without them, you will be struggling constantly.
The good news is that no one is without skills – it is only a matter of how you bring them out. When writing your skills in a resume, make sure that you write only the ones that are relevant to the job for which you are applying.
If you are skilled in another area that is irrelevant, you need not mention it, even if you are extremely proud of the fact. Make sure that the hiring manager reads what he wants to read in the skills section of your resume. Look through the advertisement that you are replying to, and pick up words from it to make your skills statements stand out.
Here is a list of skills statements for the position of a sales assistant that you can look through:
Sample Skills for Sales Assistant Resume
• Highly experienced in seeking our customers within assigned areas and offering advice and assistance.
• Effectively able to provide customers with information on offered / available products and services in accordance with the company’s protocols and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to identify customers’ specific needs and desires by engaging them in conversation, and then ensuring that those needs are fulfilled.
• Deep familiarity with handling product demonstrations, in a bid to help customers make informed buying decisions.
• Effectively able to lead customers through the payment procedure, ensuring that both credit card and cash transactions are accurately carried out.
• Documented success in providing returning customers with high quality aftersales services while remaining within the parameters of company policy.
• Competent in providing customers with information on pricing and product availability.
• Qualified to handle shelf stocking duties and overseeing inventory, communicating low stock situations to store managers in a timely manner.
• Proven ability to handle customers’ complaints with urgency aiming to ensure repeat business opportunities.
• Track record of effectively overseeing store or assigned areas to ensure that they are kept clean and maintained at all times.