A janitorial manager can be hired in several situations, including office and residential buildings, independent offices, housing complexes, and schools and universities.
Their main responsibility is to make sure that the janitorial staff is properly managed, and that all schedules are appropriately followed.
Working as a janitorial manager may only require a high school diploma or a GED equivalent as far as formal education goes, but one does need to be exceptionally skilled for it.
You cannot begin working at this position at the entry level – you have to have had great experience in a janitorial position, and then some in a supervisory one. Candidates who have worked in similar positions before, are always considered as great options to hire.
In order to be considered eligible for this position, it is imperative that you possess exceptional knowledge of custodial work processes, and safety procedures. In addition to this, it is imperative that you possess excellent leadership qualities, and the ability to handle a team or teams of people, ensuring that they work well towards a combined goal.
As a janitorial manager, it is important that you are knowledgeable about operating chemical dispensing units, and properly labeling chemicals. Moreover, you have to be exceptionally organized, and possess the ability to multitask. Here is a list of things that you will be expected to do when working at this position:
Job Description for Janitorial Manager Resume
• Create schedules for each member of the janitorial staff, and ensure that they adhere to them throughout the shift.
• Provide personnel with training to ensure that they perform their work duties in a proper manner.
• Oversee the work of personnel to ensure that cleaning, maintenance and sanitation duties are properly managed.
• Assist in comprehending the use of chemicals for sanitation purposes, and ensure that safety precautions are taken into account.
• Participate in staff member selection process, interviewing candidates, and selecting them on merit basis.
• Assess the work of each member, to determine his or her work quality, and provide feedback as necessary.
• Create and maintain effective and consistent relationships with vendors and suppliers, to ensure timely and accurate delivery of supplies and equipment.
• Ascertain that janitorial staff members replenish supplies in each bathroom and restroom, in a timely manner.
• Inspect work on each assigned floor, and provide guidance and feedback to staff members.
• Ascertain that custodial services meet the needs of the organization, and develop an effective team of janitorial personnel, according to required standards.