Ever been in a position when you had to choose between Candidate A and Candidate B, but you were stumped because both were equally good? Our advice? Look at how each candidate’s resume begins. Even if the information on both resumes is excellent, one of them may lose out where format is concerned. A resume that begins with a solid objective, paves the way for future liaison with a prospective employer. If you are a candidate, remember that the first few lines that an employer reads about you, will create the first impression on him or her – and it is up to you to make the impression a positive one.
An Objective for Licensed Practical Nurse position is not only written because it provide a positive impression of the candidate but it also help the recruiter decide whether your resume is worth reading. It gives direction to the rest of the document, making it easy for the employer to gauge you as a viable (or not so much) choice to hire at a position.
Even though they are short blurbs of content, resume objectives are usually quite strong pieces of writing. But summarizing an entire resume in a few lines is not the purpose of an objective. The point is to introduce yourself in 3 sentences or less. Looking for ideas on how to write one? Read on!
Sample Objectives for LPN Resume
• Dedicated and compassionate nursing professional seeking a position as Licensed Practical Nurse at Avamere Health Services. Successful track record of providing nursing services in accordance with each patient’s health plan.
• Top performing Licensed Practical Nurse with over 5 years of hands-on experience, looking for a position at Trilogy Health Services, employing exceptional expertise in preparing and administering medications and providing general nursing care to ensure constant patient comfort.
• Highly skilled LPN desires a position at Tri Healthcare Services. Offering expertise in observing and evaluating patients to determine health issues, and assisting in creating and implementing individualized plans of care.
• To work for Sava Senior Care as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Bringing 7+ years’ track record of success providing level 1 nursing care to all assigned patients with special focus on ensuring their physical and emotional comfort.
• Licensed Practical Nurse known for a compassionate nature and the ability to handle complicated medical cases, looking for a position at The Caring Hospital. Offering proficiencies in providing practical and emotional assistance to patients and monitoring medication and patients’ response.