Skills section is one of the most important sections of a library clerk resume. Hiring managers read the skills of applicants carefully to determine whether or not they fit to the profile.
• Employer preferences: Assessing the employer’s needs is the first step to writing an effective skills section. It is very important to find out the exact skills set the prospective employer is seeking and then draft a tailored skills section to suit the employer’s needs.
• Power words: Using powerful verbs and descriptive words to describe your competence is a very good idea to strengthen your skills section. Identify field specific power words and utilize these smartly to optimize your skills section.
• Easy Readability: Don’t make the employer look for desired skills in your resume. Use short bullet phrases to highlight your clerical skills and optimize the section so that the employer makes note of your offered skills at a glance.
Sample Skills List for Library Clerk Resume
• Hands-on experience in book shelving cataloging and stacking
• Proficient in operating electronic equipment including scanners, photocopiers and facsimiles
• Strong communication skills with proven ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships with patrons, technical support personnel, coworkers and management
• Profound ability to maintain accurate manual and electronic records of available library material
• Proficient in operating online database to locate various media files
• Familiar with the Dewey Decimal cataloging system
• Proven skills in maintaining the print material in an organized manner, while making material location and retrieval easy and quick
• Apt at obtaining publisher information as per request of students and scholars
• Skilled in processing first time registration and issuing membership
• Expert in keeping the issuance/return log updated
• Efficient in conducting on return inspection of the borrowed material
• Proven ability to maintain an updated pool of knowledge regarding upcoming editions and new releases in the field of literature
• Tech savvy individual with proven ability to guide the students in retrieving files from digital media library efficiently
• Well versed in receiving print material, unloading cartons of books, counting the books and updating the relevant inventories
• Track record of timely updating patrons’ expiring memberships
• Apt at keeping track of library violations and collecting applicable fines for damage and late returns
• Competent in performing any additional tasks assigned related to library maintenance and organization