An objective is not a useless thing on a resume, contrary to what many applicants believe.
It has a purpose, which is to make sure that the reader’s (hiring manager) interest in the resume is created and maintained.
Typically, a resume objective is used to provide hiring managers with solid information about what the rest of the resume holds – in 4 sentences or less.
Mostly, objectives are written in resumes that are being used to apply for either entry level jobs, or in situations that require a career change.
For experienced positions, a resume objective may be replaced by a summary statement.
If you are in a situation where your resume requires an objective, you need to think what will go into it. Remember that an objective is not there to look pretty – it has a purpose, and unless it meets that purpose, it is considered useless.
The main idea behind writing a resume objective is to make sure that the person reading it is made familiar with what you are capable of doing, and how well you can fit into an organization. This information is important at this point, because the introduction of anything is what makes it a success – or a failure. The following examples of resume objectives for a librarian assistant position will help you decide how to write your own:
Librarian Assistant Resume Objectives
• Seeking a position as a Librarian Assistant at The Town Library, by employing exceptional skills in handling patron relations, by effectively checking books in and out, and providing assistance in choosing and locating books and references within the library.
• Accomplished Librarian Assistant with over 6 years of experience of working in busy library environments. Looking for a position at San Jose Public Library, hoping to provide benefit of extensive comprehension of instructing patrons on the use of resources, and ensuring that the overall operations of the library are properly handled.
• Desire a position as a Librarian Assistant with Carnegie Library of Pittsburg. Offering demonstrated expertise in performing circulation desk procedures, checking deliveries of interlibrary loan materials, and handling records management activities.
• To obtain a Librarian Assistant position at University of North Texas utilizing skills in processing, withdrawing, repairing and reconditioning library materials, along with ensuring that patrons are provided with high-quality assistance throughout their visit.
• Looking for a Librarian Assistant position at North Carolina State Library. Bringing exceptional skills in issuing and discharging library materials, and collecting fines and charges associated with loans, loss or damage. Highly experienced in creating and maintaining positive patron relationships, in a bid to encourage future visits.