A surgical technologist resume must always begin with an objective or summary statement. A resume that does not offer a good opening is often not considered for a position.
But writing a good surgical technologist resume objective is not the easiest of things to do.
As an applicant, it is your duty to make sure that the resume which you write is accepted, and that you are accepted as a possible candidate for a job.
An objective is typically a short paragraph that marks the beginning of your resume, highlighting you as a possible candidate for the job for which you are applying. Making sure that it has much to say in terms of qualifications and skills is very important.
Many resumes do not hold objectives, making them come across as empty documents that hold no important information. Sometimes, hiring managers do not have the will or opportunity to go through an entire resume, and bank heavily on objectives to understand what an applicant is capable of doing.
In such cases, it is important that resume objectives hold the information that is required by hiring managers specifically. What type of information? Skills, qualifications, and sometimes achievements.
Here are some examples of resume objectives for a surgical technologist position to help you:
Sample Objectives for Surgical Technologist Resume
• Highly experienced Surgical Technologist with over 10 years of exposure to preparing operating rooms for surgery, and sterilizing equipment, ensuring that patients and surgical teams are provided with required services. Presently looking for a position at Children’s Health.
• Seeking a position as a Surgical Technologist utilizing exceptional skills in functioning in a scrub role, by preparing, organizing, and anticipating needed instruments, supplies, and equipment, aimed at safe patient care and operative procedures.
• Desire a position as a Surgical Technologist at Oregon Health Services. Offering demonstrated expertise in maintaining the sterile field throughout surgical procedures, and assisting the surgical team with scrubbing activities.
• Uniquely qualified Surgical Technologist with over 7 years of experience, currently seeking a position at Medical City. Eager to apply well-placed proficiencies in setting up sterile fields, and operating room tables, with proper instruments, equipment, and supplies.
• To obtain a position as a Surgical Technologist at Adventist Health by providing benefit of adeptness in helping surgeons and assistants with their scrubs, and setting up and breaking down of sterile tables.