Are you seeking an edge over your competitors in your job hunting campaign? If yes, you need an excellent cover letter to supplement your resume and customize your pitch. A cover letter for a nursing unit clerk resume is a unique opportunity to communicate your personality to the prospective employers. It must be used to the fullest so as to create a positive first impression and to enable the employer to view your candidacy not only as viable but the ideal one.
• Find out the employer’s preferences and highlight relevant features of your profile
• Exhibit ample knowledge about the prospective facility
• Tune and tweak your letter to reflect the company’s culture
• Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility
• Grab the reader’s attention right from the start
• Insist on obtaining an interview date in the last paragraph
• Show your keenness by including an application follow up plan in your cover letter
• Include some selling points of your candidacy in terms of quantified accomplishments – write to impress.
Below is a great example of a nursing unit clerk cover letter.
Nursing Unit Clerk Cover Letter Sample
210 Fiery Avenue •Wailuku, HI 87505 • (003) 333 – 2222 • gina . gilbert @ email . com
October 29, 2015
Mr. Samuel Thompson
54 Main Boulevard
Wailuku, HI 87505
Dear Mr. Thompson:
Ensuring the delivery of high quality patient care services while maintaining prompt and accurate paper work for each patient is my expertise. For the past nine years, I have proven my expertise in making patient registration and discharge a smooth and swift, interruption-free process.
Highlights of my professional achievements:
• Developed a synchronized patient information database which reduced medical file retrieval time by 5 minutes on average
• Enhanced patient satisfaction level by 30% through demonstration of courteous and patient care oriented work place ethic and courteous telephonic etiquette
• Reduced the monthly operational expenses by $7k through implementation of cost effective SOPs pertaining to energy consumption and supplies usage
• Ensured 24 hour availability of all medical supplies by implementing an ingenious supply inventory on the assigned floor and timely acquiring and replenishing the routine supplies within the given budget
I believe the above mentioned track record is highly indicative of my expert clerical skills, familiarity with paper work protocols in healthcare settings and profound ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment while carrying out the role specific duties accurately with great attention to detail.
I would like to see you in an interview which will allow me to explore the prospect further and establish the relevance of my candidacy with your needs. Call me now to communicate a convenient day and time for meeting.
Thank you for your time and consideration. My resume is enclosed for your review