A VBA developer is an individual who is an expert in developing and implementing Excel VBA applications.
He or she may be hired in any environment where the need for maintaining and improving existing VBA applications is high.
Not everyone can work as a VBA developer – you have to possess a degree in computer sciences at the very least, and have it in you to be able to perform highly complicated and analytic work.
For you to be considered a good option to hire as a VBA developer, you must make sure that you have advanced Excel usage to your name, including knowledge of reference and lookup, array formulas, and custom functions.
Since this work is highly technical, it is imperative for people working at this position to be highly technical as well. Apart from a degree in the field of computer sciences, it is imperative for VBA developers to possess experience in programming, with proficiency in applicable programming languages.
Moreover, it is important to possess exceptional skills in designing tactical applications, using standard best practices and procedures.
Many organizations hire VBA developers at the entry level, and for experienced positions, depending on what their skills are, and how they need to place them. Working as a VBA developer means that your brain will be in a constant state of frenzy – the work is complicated. Here is a list of duties that you will be performing:
VBA Developer Duties and Responsibilities
• Build VB prototypes and small scale applications, along with VBA scripts, in a bid to automate Excel spreadsheets.
• Develop, enhance, and maintain MS Office applications, and handle both frontend and backend development procedures.
• Design, configure, develop, and implement enhancements and production fixes to existing systems.
• Develop and implement new systems, and ensure that their configuration is properly handled.
• Use development best practices, and appropriate patterns to develop required software solutions.
• Create SQL Server views, stored procedures and queries, and actively mitigate potential security gaps.
• Create and maintain technical documentation, including user manuals and guides.
• Formulate and define system scope and objectives, based on the individual needs of each user.
• Analyze and revise existing system logic difficulties, and ensure that technical knowledge of all phases of application systems is maintained.
• Develop, maintain and support existing MS Excel VBA applications, and analyze and convert business requirements as needed.
• Perform object oriented analysis and design, and diligent testing to ensure optimal performance of all assigned systems, and system modules.