when creating a custodial worker resume, it is not important what you have done in the past.
What is important is the type of information that should go into it.
Take a look at the following resume example to see what you can put in:
Custodial Worker Resume Sample
1736 Goldfinch Road | Middletown, DE 18460 | (000) 897-2054 | jgroot @ email . com
High-performing Custodian with a 20-year track record of success with high profile companies. Consistently exceeding the cleanliness and maintenance standards of assigned areas, with special focus on the safety of people. High level of professional integrity and a passion to achieve the best results.
|? Chemical Use||? Waste Management||? Repair and Maintenance|
|? Equipment Maintenance||? HVAC Systems Management||? Industrial Cleaning Equipment|
|? Building Security||? Stocking and Replenishment||? Window Cleaning|
|? Grounds-keeping||? Sanitation||? Supplies Management|
• Simultaneously cleaned 2 buildings just in time for their opening times.
• Devised a replenishment system which provided alerts when a bathroom or kitchen ran out of supplies.
• Increased the security of the assigned building by suggesting installation of a highly complex security system.
• Singlehandedly repaired an entire HVAC system in the absence of a technician, minimizing downtime by 85%.
Camden Buildings, Middletown, DE | 5/2011 – Present
• Clean assigned areas by sweeping and mopping.
• Wash bathrooms using the correct mixes of water and chemicals and ensure that they are sanitized.
• Replenish supplies such as soap, shampoo, and towels, before users have a chance to complain.
• Vacuum carpets and curtains, and periodically wash and dry them, before reinstalling them.
• Dust furniture and fixtures and polish them from time to time.
• Perform repair and maintenance work ensuring that any significant issues or problems are communicated to the building manager.
• Maintain effective liaison with suppliers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of cleaning supplies.
• Create and maintain inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment, and inform managers of low stock situations.
St. Adams Elementary School, Middletown, DE | 2/2003 – 5/2011
• Assisted custodial workers by providing them with cleaning supplies and equipment.
• Provided support in performing cleaning, mopping, and dusting activities.
• Ascertained that all repair and maintenance work was properly handled.
• Vacuumed and washed drapes, carpets and rugs, and ensured that they were dried properly.
• Washed windows, and handled floor and furniture waxing activities, by following provided instructions.
Middletown High School, Middletown, DE – 2009
High School Diploma