Red Lobster is a popular American casual dining restaurant chain, which hires a huge array of staff members to do justice to its reputation.
Hiring cooks is an ongoing activity for most restaurants, as it is for Red Lobster – people hired as cooks here are required to be hands-on with their work, and possess the ability to learn different recipes and cooking techniques on an ongoing basis.
Working as a Red Lobster cook, you have to possess exceptional knowledge of creating soups and salads, including the famous Coastal Soup, and Grilled Shrimp Salad. Apart from this, you will need to have it in you to be able to create wood-grilled chicken, and pub-style fish and chips.
The ability to follow set recipes and techniques is very important if you want to work as a cook at Red Lobster. In addition to this, you will need to possess exceptional skills in handling other menu items including sandwiches and burgers, which may not be the signature of the restaurant, but are popular nonetheless.
As a red Lobster cook, it is important that you know all that there is to know about cooking general menu items, food hygiene, and sanitization of work places. Since you will be working in the kitchen most of the day, it is imperative that you are highly aware of the use and maintenance of kitchen equipment such as grills and fryers.
Red Lobster Cook Duties and Responsibilities
• Go through recipes to determine which ingredients are needed for each salad, soup, burger and sandwich.
• Prepare food items such as meats, fruits, vegetables, and cheeses, according to set recipes.
• Ascertain that ingredients are properly measured and placed in dishes, in accordance with set instructions.
• Provide kitchen staff members with information on how to cut, cube, and marinate meats and vegetables.
• Cook food items such as burger patties, sandwich meats, and soups, and ensure that they are properly stored.
• Create and maintain inventory of kitchen supplies and cooking items, ensuring that any low stock situations do not arise.
• Oversee the work of line and prep cooks, and ensure that any issues are addressed properly and in a timely manner.
• Operate grills, fryers, and hot plates according to instructions, and ensure that maintenance and cleaning needs are met.
• Ascertain the cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen areas, ensuring that sanitization needs are looked into on a regular basis.