You must not write a resume for a fry cook position until you are sure that you know everything about the position.
A fry cook is hired by kitchens in fast food restaurants, and hotels where fast food is part of the menu, to assist in the preparation of food items.
Typically, these people have a set of work duties that are outlined for them, but may be asked to work on other kitchen areas as well.
A high school diploma or a GED equivalent is sufficient to work as a fry cook.
However, knowledge of handling frying items, and operating fryers and grills is important if this is the work that you want to do.
In addition to this, it is imperative for fry cooks to possess exceptional skills in handling garnishing and portioning activities, and managing inventories at times.
Working as a fry cook may not be too complicated as work duties go, but it requires a lot of expertise.
Since customers are at stake here – also the reputation of the restaurant – it is imperative to ensure the quality of the end product.
Apart from expertise in the work, it is important to possess exceptional communication skills, so that you can understand orders, and prepare them according to specific instructions of each customer.
Have a look at the following list of job duties particular to the position of a fry cook:
Sample Job Description for Fry Cook Resume
• Prepare food items such as meats, poultry and fish for frying and grilling purposes.
• Marinate food items according to provided instructions and recipes.
• Check each food item to ensure that it is fresh, and provide feedback to kitchen supervisor in cases where freshness is an issue.
• Operate fryers and grills according to instructions, pour oil in them, and place items in them for frying and grilling purposes.
• Monitor the time and heat of equipment, ensuring that both are regulated as and when necessary.
• Assist in the preparation of menu items such as steaks, burgers and sandwiches, ensuring that French fries and salads accompany each order.
• Handle portion control activities, according to specified instructions provided by the chef.
• Clean and maintain fryers and grills, ensuring that they are kept in pristine condition all through.
• Handle waste management duties, by ensuring that trash is properly and safely disposed of.
• Deliver soiled dishes and pots and pans to the washing areas, and assist in cleaning and drying them.