Grilled food is Bob Evans specialty – so it stands to reason that the grill cooks that they hire at their restaurant will not be an ordinary grill cook. If you want to apply for a grill cook job at Bob Evans, make sure that you eat there at least once to know how good they are, and get a whiff of how their food is cooked. Then maybe you can try their secret recipe at home before declaring that you are a good choice to hire!
On a serious note, let’s see what a grill cook at Bob Evans actually does on a typical work day. A grill cook will cook each dish according to set recipes, and ensure that proper food handling and sanitation processes are followed within the restaurant. To work as a grill cook, you will need to possess a high school diploma at the very least – if you possess a degree in culinary arts, you may be considered a better choice to hire.
As a grill cook at Bob Evans, you will be working on a shift basis, and you will have to do your best to pick up where the previous grill cook left. Since standardization is the main concern of any hospitality environment, you will have to make sure that whatever you cook, it conforms to the organization’s standards for taste, portioning and visual appeal. Here is a list of duties that you will be performing on any typical day working as a grill cook.
Bob Evans Grill Cook Job Description
• Perform starting up duties by switching on grills and oven at the beginning of each shift
• Ascertain that all items that need to be grilled or cooked are properly laid out, cut, cubed or sliced according to specified requirements
• Perform marinating and sauteing activities according to established recipes and procedures
• Grill cheese, meats, poultry and vegetables by following set procedures and grilling times
• Ascertain that heat and timers are accurately adjusted for each item that needs to be grilled
• Put together dishes of grilled food by portioning meats, cheeses and vegetables appropriately
• Ascertain that appropriate cleaning and sanitizing procedures are followed at the end of the shift
• Oversee the cleanliness and maintenance of grilling equipment and utensils and provide feedback to the kitchen manager in case either is damaged or worn out
• Assist the cook in handling cooking duties by preparing ingredients or grilling them to make them part of a cooked or broiled dish