How many times have you scratched out your resume and rewritten it?
This is not a bad practice to be honest – it actually means that you want your best possible effort to be seen by a hiring manager.
Striving for perfection when you are writing your resume is important to its success.
Write a mediocre resume and you can expect mediocre results.
A resume sample for a beauty consultant position is provided here for you to look at:
Beauty Consultant Resume Example
7 N Avenue | Park City, KS 19373 | (000) 999-9999 | sammorg @email . com
Performance Summary: Pleasant and friendly Beauty Consultant with a track record of success determining clients’ specific requirements for beauty products and helping them choose the right ones. Highly skilled in comprehending various skin types, face shapes and coloring, and effectively recommending correlating products. Effectively handles product demonstrations and product stocking and inventory management tasks.
|? Skin and Hair Analysis||? Product Recommendation|
|? Network Maintenance||? Stress Management|
|? Consultation Provision||? Upselling|
|? Market Research||? Trends Determination|
|? Makeovers||? Product Demonstrations|
|? Stock Management||? Makeup Application|
• Increased the number of clients from 500 to 1500 within 6 months of joining, owing to exceptional word of mouth marketing
• Introduced a special makeover for people who may have stress related physical marks, the treatment being adopted as a trend by the locals now
• Provided complete makeovers to 50 people in one day, in the absence of a second beauty consultant
• Singlehandedly managed the entire makeup counter for 12 days, during Christmas rush, generating a revenue of $9500 a week
Estee Lauder, Park City, KS | 2013 – Present
• Greet clients when they arrive at the beauty counter and engage them in conversation to determine their specific product requirements
• Provide clients with information on available beauty products such as creams, lotions, patches and makeup items
• Show clients what each item can do by providing them with demonstrations and product information
• Examine clients’ skin and hair types and provide them with information on which products they should be using
• Assist clients by educating them on how to use beauty products and their expected results
• Provide price and expiry information to clients and upsell products by giving them intros to new or complementing products
• Assist clients in choosing the right product based on their skin colors and types
• Provide makeovers for clients to help them decide which look to carry
Beauty Counter Assistant
Julia Princeton, Park City, KS | 2009 – 2013
• Created appropriate space for hair and skin products in the counter or on shelves
• Ascertained that all products are properly priced and placed inside the display cases
• Oversaw product inventory and communicated low stock situations to the supervisor
• Assisted clients by showing them their product of choice and providing correlating application information
• Ascertained that the beauty counter was properly cleaned and maintain during work hours
High School Diploma
Park City High School, Park City, KS | 2008