There is no denying the fact that our skills are what makes us look great in front of a prospective employer, who wants nothing more than to hire a records clerk on whom little resources can be spent for training and development.
A well-suited skills set can make a candidate look like something sent from the heavens above! Yes, that is how serious it is. Remember that it is not only applicants who look for good jobs – employers are also on the lookout to hire just the right kind of person for a job.
Making sure that you provide prospective employers with at least some part of what they are looking for is important.
Coming back to skills, it is imperative to highlight the fact that you are an excellent person to hire for a particular job. Usually, potential employers refer to a list of skills and qualifications that they deem necessary for a job. If an applicant possesses at least some of the skills that a hiring manager / employer wants, he or she may be considered for a position. However, there is no way for him or her to know how good you are unless you put them all in a plate and present it to them!
Here is a list of skills for a records clerk that you can place in your resume:
Sample Skills for Records Clerk Resume
• Highly experienced in developing new document categories and fields for storage purposes
• Exceptionally well-versed in working with records management personnel to determine departmental records management needs
• Demonstrated ability to collect, sort, prepare and scan documents, and label them for easy identification
• Effectively able to enter documents into the computer system, and prepare files and records for entry purposes
• Competent in converting documents to various formats, in order to ensure easy transfer between systems
• Qualified to provide post-scanning quality assurance to ensure that batches are complete and accurate
• Familiar with organizing and numbering boxes of physical records, and ensuring that inventory is properly managed
• Proven ability to ensure that all records are properly updated, and maintained in an accurate and confidential manner
• Track record of effectively processing data retrieval requests, ensuring that the identity and rights of the requesters are confirmed prior to providing them with requested information
• Skilled in conducting quality control activities to ensure that the integrity of data in maintained
• Especially talented in coding and sequencing data using a system of specialized abbreviations, in accordance with established guidelines