Reflecting on what needs to be placed in a records clerk resume is the first thing that you should do.
A resume can say a lot of positive things about you, but the information you put in it can also backfire.
You have to make sure that the type of information that your resume holds is something that the hiring manager can use.
Something like this:
Records Clerk Resume Sample
625 Alex Lane | Glen Cove, NY 70251
(000) 784-5322 | cla.bake @ email . com
High performing Records Clerk with 7 years of extensive experience in performing specialized clerical duties including recordkeeping, and managing forms and information. Actively responds to inquiries regarding informational retrieval, from assigned file systems.
Organized, ability to create, maintain and update files and records according to established protocols. Highly skilled in gathering information, completing audit trails, and retrieving information and records.
|? File Maintenance||? Indexing||? Data Updating|
|? Records Retrieval||? Data Safety||? Documentation|
|? Charts Processing||? Statistical Support||? Category Development|
|? Inventory Maintenance||? Documents Sorting||? Data Conversion|
• Implemented a novel data conversion process which took 65% less time in converting information to different formats, than the one already in use.
• Introduced an efficient indexing system, which proved to be highly useful when retrieving requested data.
• Processed over 1000 records in one shift, in the absence of 2 other records clerks.
• Successfully implemented a data security system, a one of its kind that proved to be highly fruitful in keeping information confidential.
Claire Health System, Glen Cove, NY | 6/2013 – Present
• Develop new document categories and fields for storage and work with records coordinators to determine departmental needs
• Collect, sort, prepare and scan documents, and ensure that they are properly labeled
• Enter all sorted documents into the system, ensuring that each field is accurately punched in
• Convert documents into various formats to ensure smooth transferring between systems
• Process requests for information retrieval, ensuring that the requester possesses the right to request
• Ascertain that all records and information is properly stored, in a confidential and safe manner
• Provide backup to all stored information to ensure that there is no data loss at any time
• Operate and maintain scanning equipment by running calibration tests and performing basic maintenance
Sava Health Services, Glen Cove, NY | 2/2011 – 6/2013
• Collected files and information from different sources and ensured that they were delivered to the records department
• Assisted records clerks in sorting out information and categorizing it properly
• Provided support in punching information into predefined systems, ensuring accuracy throughout
• Assisted in retrieving requested information by looking through systems and pulling out records
• Handled scanning and printing work, and ensured that all office equipment was properly cleaned and maintained
St. Paul’s High School, Glen Cove, NY | 2010
High School Diploma