You cannot do justice to an Office Clerk resume if you do not spend ample time on the summary.
It does not matter if you are applying for a position at the top of the organizational hierarchy, or at an entry level – if your resume summary is not well charted out, there is a good chance that your job application documents will adorn the archive pile.
A resume summary is a little different from an Office Clerk objective – the former has more to say. Most employers look through resume summaries and decide whether they want to read the rest of the resume or not.
If the summary is well-structured, there is a great chance that the resume will be given due consideration. If not, the next resume on the list is probably more attractive than yours.
Remember that the main purpose of a resume summary is to make sure that the hiring manager is attracted to the information that he or she may find in the rest of the resume. If this purpose is not met, you might as well not have written a resume at all.
Going through your office clerk resume summary, a hiring authority must want to hire you. The following examples of resume summaries for an office clerk position will help you write yours:
Sample Summary Statements for Office Clerk Resume
• Top-performing Office Clerk with over 8 years of clerical and administrative experience. Highly skilled in communicating with customers, and employees, to provide them with exceptional services, along with a great ability to handle office operations work.
• 9+ years’ extensive experience in providing clerical and administrative support to different departments. Effectively able to maintain files and records, sort and distribute incoming mail, and respond to queries over the telephone, and in person.
• Uniquely qualified Office Clerk with a successful track record of undertaking basic administrative and bookkeeping tasks, and handling minutes of the meeting and dictations. Demonstrated expertise in assisting in office management, and operational, and organization procedures.
• Office Clerk with proven ability to organize and maintain files, handle operations of office equipment, and manage word processing work. Deeply familiar with handling inventory of office supplies stock, and making travel arrangements for staff members.
• Results-oriented Office Clerk with excellent proficiencies in filing and maintaining office records, and preparing and processing billing and related documents. Solid track record of efficiently scheduling appointments, and following up on them, along with sorting and delivering incoming mail, and taking messages.