Getting into the Hotel Front Desk Associate resume groove is not easy.
There are many considerations to keep in mind.
The foremost is the content.
Here is a resume sample that will help you place your content in a proper format:
Hotel Front Desk Associate Resume Sample
(000) 231-4534 | 665 Scobie Road, New Boston, NH 58471 | leewalker @ email . com
Hotel Front Desk Associate
High potential front desk professional with 13 years of extensive experience working in busy hospitality environments. Demonstrated expertise in checking guests in and out, making reservations, running reports, assisting guests and resolving guest issues promptly. Optimistic and friendly a positive attitude and smile, and a genuine desire to provide quick and efficient service.
|• Payments Processing||• Quality Assurance||• Neat Appearance|
|• POS Operations||• Cash Disbursement||• Petty Cash Handling|
|• Accounts Balancing||• Physical Dexterity||• F&B Requests Tending|
|• Payment Registration||• Closing Assistance||• Customer Service|
• Managed payments for an entire film crew of 200 people staying at the hotel, during a low staff instance.
• Successfully reconciled a bank statement that had been in limbo for over 6 months.
• Identified a discrepancy in the cash drawer, owing to a wrong payment made by another cashier.
• Trained 6 newly hired cashiers in operating hotel POS, as part of their induction.
Hotel Front Desk Associate
The Hyatt, New Boston, NH | 2009 – Present
• Create and maintain liaison with different hotel departments to obtain information regarding guests’ bills.
• Collect all billable payments, and post them to each guest’s account.
• Provide guests with information on outstanding bills, over the telephone and in person.
• Process both cash and credit card payments, and tender change and receipts according to policy.
• Ascertain that sufficient amount of change is available in the assigned POS at the beginning of each shift.
• Balance cash drawers at the end of each shift, ensuring that no discrepancies are apparent.
• Create and file records of payments, according to specified procedures of the hotel.
• Assist guests with queries regarding room and service rates, and additional taxes and discounts.
Front Desk Associate
The Tower, New Boston, NH | 2004 – 2009
• Greeted guests as they arrived at the hotel, and guided them to reception areas.
• Provided guests with information regarding services offered by the hotel.
• Assisted guests in locating their rooms and checked them in by showing them the use of key cards.
• Ascertained that all hotel areas were kept clean and maintained, by overseeing the work of the custodial staff.
• Provided assistance in managing and filing guests records, and ensuring that outstanding payments were cleared before checkout.
New Boston High School, New Boston, NH – 2002
High School Diploma