If you’re a physically fit individual and would like to work in the hospitality industry, there is nothing better than working as a room attendant. As a room attendant, it will be your responsibility to make sure the guests’ rooms are kept neat and clean at all times, apart from other related duties.
To be considered eligible for a room attendant position, it is imperative that you possess a high school diploma or a GED at the very minimum. Since you will be working directly with guests, your communication and interpersonal skills need to be as perfect as possible. And you need to be able to multitask effectively as well. As a room attendant, it will be your responsibility to ensure guest satisfaction since it will be your work that will be seen and felt by guests the most.
Most room attendants do a lot of other things apart from simply preparing rooms. They also coordinate room and laundry services to ensure that guests have the best experience it is possible to provide. The entire idea behind hiring a room attendant is to make sure that guests get what they need, when they need it. Since it is imperative for room attendants to be service-oriented, they are usually hired after a lot of scrutiny.
Some of the main responsibilities of a room attendant in a hospitality setting include:
Sample Job Description for Room Attendant Resume
• Prepare guest rooms by performing cleaning, sweeping and mopping activities
• Dust and polish furniture and ensure that rugs and carpets are vacuumed on a daily basis
• Occasionally wash carpets and curtains and ensure that they are dried properly before declaring the room ready for occupation
• Make beds by placing fresh linen and ensure that all soiled and / or dirty linen and covers are transported to the laundry area
• Wash down and sanitize bathrooms and ensure that supplies such as soap, towels and tissues are replenished on a constant basis
• Empty wastepaper baskets and ashtrays and make sure that all trash is properly disposed of according to hotel procedures
• Welcome guests to their rooms and provide them with information on complementary items such as drinks and fruit
• Respond to guests’ requests by ensuring that they are handled in a time efficient manner
• Coordinate laundry and room services for guests in a bid to ensure total guest satisfaction
• Ascertain guest safety by ensuring that any hazardous materials or situations are handled in an emergent manner
• Report any inconsistencies or nefarious activities judged within guest rooms to the supervisor immediately