Writing a resume to apply for an undergraduate research assistant position may be challenging in the sense that one needs to convince a hiring manager that he or she is worth the money, time, and resources that will be required for training and induction.
The Undergraduate Research Assistant resume may not be too full of information at this stage, but that is alright, since too much information is not the point here.
When you sit down to write an entry level resume, or one for an RA position, it is best to look at what you have to offer first.
Since experience is not such a great friend at this time, make sure that you depend on your skills and academic background to impress a potential employer. Any internships or externships can be mentioned to make your case a little more solid.
The following resume sample for an undergraduate research assistant can be emulated to write your own:
Undergraduate Research Assistant Resume Example
199 Brixham Park Drive, Franklin, TN36092
gracy.hall @ email . com
UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT
Resourceful, productive, well-organized, and competent
Extensive exposure to handling academic research using specialized software and datasets. Competent in preparing materials for submissions to granting agencies, and foundations. Able to maintain accurate records of interviews, and safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct literature reviews, and collect and analyze data.
• Effectively able to write and edit materials for publications, and presentations.
• Exceptionally talented in researching and interpreting data, according to provided instructions.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
|Library Research||Data Collection||Software Management|
|Publication Materials||Data Synthesizing||Research Techniques|
|Literature Reviews||Website Management||Materials Acquisition|
Tennessee State University, Franklin,TN – 2017
Bachelor’s in Business (in progress)
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT / VOLUNTEERING WORK
• Awarded Student of the Year title, owing to high academic achievements, and constant extracurricular activities.
• Volunteered services for 3 departments at the same time, providing high-end research assistance
Extern | 1/2017 – 5/2017
UMC Charlotte, Franklin, TN
• Conducted literature reviews, collected and analyzed data, and prepared materials for submission to granting agencies.
• Maintained accurate records of interviews, ensuring that all acquired and stored information was properly safeguarded.
• Ascertained that all website materials were properly updated, maintained, and prepared according to instructions.
• Responded to project-related mail, ensuring that sensitive information was properly handled.
• Interpreted, synthesized, and analyzed data, and wrote and edited materials for publications and presentations.
Strong professional references available