Think of a resume as an insight into what you are as an individual, and a professional.
Once you keep this in mind, you will be able to write the perfect one.
Use the following sample as a template to build or update your resume for Ophthalmic Assistant position:
Ophthalmic Assistant Resume Example
99 Longview Drive, Irwin, PA 64020
(000) 237-3243 | edfrank @ email . com
Dedicated multitasker eager to work in fast-paced environment.
Uniquely qualified Ophthalmic Assistant with 5 years’ extensive experience in performing a huge array of administrative and assistance duties. Well-versed in managing the operations of a busy ophthalmic facility with special focus on customer care and comfort.
Organized and neat with a special talent for maintaining examination and procedure rooms and ensuring a high level of sanitation. Obtains patients’ histories through interviews and intake assessments.
|? Refraction Assistance||? Visual Testing||? Surgical Assistance|
|? Patient Education||? Records Keeping||? Intake Assessments|
|? Lens Neutralization||? Ocular Medication||? Patient Scheduling|
|? Equipment Setup||? Good eye-hand dexterity||? Emergency Response|
• Successfully aided the assisting ophthalmologist during an intense 22 hour surgery.
• Trained 16 assistants in handling pre-operative procedures, as part of their training regimen.
• Devised a patient education program, which was considered highly successful by the facility management.
• Implemented an efficient patient scheduling system, replacing the old, inefficient one.
Lake Region Healthcare, Irwin, PA | 5/2015 – Present
• Greet patients as they arrive at the facility
• Provide patients and clients with information on available services and technologies.
• Interview patients to determine their case histories and medical information.
• Collect and verify insurance information.
• Provide insight into copays and out of pocket payments.
• Set up ophthalmology equipment and instruments.
• Prepare patients for tests and examinations.
• Assist ophthalmologists during testing and surgical procedures ensuring that all work is being carried out in a proper manner.
• Sterilize instruments and machines.
• Ensure that any disposable supplies are properly trashed.
• Instruct patients in the use of contact lenses and glasses.
• Assist ophthalmologists in performing scans and ocular tests.
• Ascertain that the reception and examination areas are kept clean and sanitized constantly.
Harbin Clinic, Irwin, PA | 2/2012 – 5/2015
• Assisted in assessing patients to determine their case histories and backgrounds.
• Provided information regarding the facility’s services in person, and over the telephone.
• Performed data entry duties to ensure that patient data is keyed into the database and kept updated.
• Oversaw the cleanliness and maintenance of the reception area.
• Ensured that examination and procedure rooms were sanitized.
• Handled billing activities, accepted payment, and issued receipts.
• Provided patients with information on copays, and
Irwin High School, Irwin, PA – 2011
High School Diploma
• Proficient with computers
• Experience with EMR’s
• Proficient in MS Word and Excel
“I am an energetic team player who works equally well in busy hours.”