Getting your hands dirty when attempting to write a community assistant resume is what will take you a step closer to success in becoming the hiring manager’s favorite.
By this, we mean that delving deep into what you have to offer, and making sure that you articulate this information in a resume is imperative.
Here is a detailed resume sample for community assistant position to go through:
Community Assistant Resume Example
588 Loeb Road, Charlevoix, MI 49702
maria.lewis @ email . com
Boasting of over 6 years of experience in serving as a peer educator and helper in order to facilitate the personal and academic growth and development of residential students. Highly qualified to support the goals, expectations and missions of the facility, placing special focus on functioning as a positive role model.
Committed and driven, effectively assists students regarding personal, social and academic concerns and needs. Proactively mediates conflicts. Exceptionally talented in working with students to develop positive floor environments that provide a reasonable degree of order and privacy.
|Mediation Services||Floor Contact||Student Referrals|
|Participation Encouragement||Behavioral Regulations||Campus Orientation|
|Desk Coverage||Event Planning||Resident Management|
|Emergency Response||Academic Support||Resident Halls Management|
Melwood College, Charlevoix, MI | 11/2014 – Present
• Welcome student residents as they arrive at the residence facility and engage them in conversation to put their uncertainties at ease
• Introduce residents to each other, and facilitate connections with staff members and facility managers
• Assist students with personal, vocational, social, academic and general concerns, providing referrals where appropriate
• Provide assistance in planning initial welcome events and orienting students to residential living
• Ascertain that all facilities and amenities are provided to residents, resolving any issues along the way
• Act as a first point of contact for information regarding academic and residential services
• Enforce college and facility policies and oversee students to ensure that they are being followed
• Serve as a mediator for disturbances, conflicts and crises, ensuring that appropriate measures are taken to counter and discourage such attitudes
• Implemented a behavior management program for residents, which resulted in decreased incidents of unruly behavior.
• Introduced a novel campus orientation program, which concentrated on new student comfort.
Whitman Technical College, Charlevoix, MI | 2/2011 – 11/2014
Community Service Assistant
• Ascertained that rooms and recreational halls were properly set up for new and existing student residents
• Oversaw the cleanliness and maintenance of resident halls and rooms by coordinating efforts with the housekeeping team
• Provided new student residents with information on available facilities and amenities that they can make use of
• Created and maintained records of student, ensuring that all information was accurate and updated
• Coordinated efforts with the manager to ensure that all facility resources were in check and available
• Successfully handled a medical emergency involving a student, by providing her with immediate CPR and saving her life.
• Implemented a series of mediation services, which served to assist tremendously during problematic student liaison.
Charlevoix High School, Charlevoix, MI | 2010
High School Diploma