Amongst the many purposes of a lineman apprentice cover letter, the most important one is directing the reader’s attention to the relevant aspects of your profile, while demonstrating your knowledge about the company. If it’s not fulfilling this purpose then it’s definitely not worth sending.
Lineman Apprentice Cover Letter Guidelines
• Do not reiterate your resume, highlight your most selling professional skills instead.
• Customize your cover letter by addressing the employers’ specific demands.
• Keep the letter really short and relevant, overall length must not exceed one page.
• Address the letter directly to the concerned person by name.
• If you have been referred for the job by someone from the firm, mention that person’s name in the first paragraph.
Lineman Apprentice Cover Letter Sample
66 Yale Avenue
Houston, TX 45888
jason @ email . com
December 10, 2015
Mr. Robert Jacques
OEP Power Solutions
84 Orchid Lane
Houston, TX 45888
Dear Mr. Jacques:
I’m excited to apply for lineman apprenticeship position at OEP Power Solutions. I am a diploma holder in electrical engineering and have served as an internee for one year with POL Energy Solutions.
As obvious from the enclosed resume, I would like to bring the following strengths to your advertised vacancy:
• Eagerness to learn and willingness to adapt my work style as per the demands of workplace
• Tech savvy attitude and enthusiasm, with proven ability to remain up to date with latest research based trends in the electrical engineering industry
• Strong teamwork orientation with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Special knack for identifying and rectifying issues related to power supply interruption and malfunctioning of electronic equipment
• Good physical stamina, profound ability to work underground, overhead and in confined spaces effectively
Possessing profound knowledge of workplace safety protocols and protective gear usage, I have always demonstrated professional, safety minded and customer friendly work ethic. Last year, I was specifically selected to accompany the lineman at an emergency response that involved identification and rectification of a serious high voltage shock hazard at a commercial power distribution site. There, I worked under supervision of the lineman for four consecutive hours to resolve the issue and declared the site safe for resuming power supply.
I am confident that both my skills and personal traits will allow me to make an immediate and positive contribution to your organization. Please call me to communicate your availability for an interview.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you soon.